Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing #7

Google.......Love it, have loved it, will continue to love it...
Picasa has been a long family friend for the last several years. Since I took a trip to Ireland for my daughter's graduation and cropped over 400 + pictures, I assure you we have bonded. What I explored in Picasa this time was the web sharing capability. This would have saved me a lot of time earlier this year when I was getting together her 21st birthday pictures. As I was creating the web album, I shook my head a lot saying why oh why did I not use this during this time.
I have created an album. http://picasaweb.google.com/PhyllisLankford/Courtney21stBdayPics
Google Earth and I also have a relationship. My husband is a huge fan and I have learned a lot through his constant ramblings "hey honey, look at this". I also played with Google docs and then google notebook. Pretty neat.
Applications... I can see are many. Since I am in the library I can see all types of research capabilities, especially in the notebook area, and excellent use of note taking. What a breeze !

3 comments:

Judy B-song said...

I love the Picasa feature on Google, too. With 3 boys involved in lots of things we were bad about taking pictures and never having a place to put them. Now, we just put them in a folder on Picasa and we can look at them and find them when we want! it's amazing what you can do on Google..once you get over being afraid of it!!!

TXhappycamper said...

I'm with you.. google and picasa what more can we say....

Moore Discovery said...

I'm developing a deeper respect for Google. They offer a lot. I also recognized Google Notebook as great research tool